introduction
In this report, I will evaluate my experience of six weeks in Brazil in a favela named Rocinha and also make future recommendations.
About Rocinha
Rocinha is one of the best-known favelas in Brazil and which is located in the southern area of Rio de Janeiro, this favela is characterized by the precariousness of the lives of those who live there, we also find overcrowding, due to violence, low schooling, among other aspects.
My work experience
During my six weeks in the Rocinha favela I was assigned to create an intervention for children to attend school and finish their studies
.
The first week I started getting to know the other colleagues who would help me and at the same time we were collecting all the official data that we had from the favela, after that, I was in charge of collecting the data of the children who lived there and were not going to the school.
The second week, together with my team, we went to the place where these children who were not studying were located and we carried out a survey.
In the third week, we analyzed the data and why they did not attend classes.
In the fourth week, we planned how we were going to intervene and the first thing that was done was to make entertaining dynamics, in order to achieve interest in the children.
In the fifth week they were accompanied to classes and after classes there were dynamics in which the boys and girls themselves were interested in continuing to learn.
In the sixth week: the same as last week was carried out, in addition to this, an evaluation was made of whether improvements were seen in class attendance, from which it was concluded that it was having a positive effect on children and I reach an agreement to have support throughout that year from my colleagues
General comments
In general, it was a very positive experience, in which I was able to get to know other realities, I got to know another culture, it helped me learn how to work with other colleagues, a practical experience of what I learned, in short.
Conclusion
In summary, I totally recommend this experience and I think that having this type of experience should be integrated into the mesh of the university.
In this report, I will evaluate my experience of six weeks in Brazil in a favela named Rocinha and also make future recommendations.
About Rocinha
Rocinha is one of the best-known favelas in Brazil and which is located in the southern area of Rio de Janeiro, this favela is characterized by the precariousness of the lives of those who live there, we also find overcrowding, due to violence, low schooling, among other aspects.
My work experience
During my six weeks in the Rocinha favela I was assigned to create an intervention for children to attend school and finish their studies
.
The first week I started getting to know the other colleagues who would help me and at the same time we were collecting all the official data that we had from the favela, after that, I was in charge of collecting the data of the children who lived there and were not going to the school.
The second week, together with my team, we went to the place where these children who were not studying were located and we carried out a survey.
In the third week, we analyzed the data and why they did not attend classes.
In the fourth week, we planned how we were going to intervene and the first thing that was done was to make entertaining dynamics, in order to achieve interest in the children.
In the fifth week they were accompanied to classes and after classes there were dynamics in which the boys and girls themselves were interested in continuing to learn.
In the sixth week: the same as last week was carried out, in addition to this, an evaluation was made of whether improvements were seen in class attendance, from which it was concluded that it was having a positive effect on children and I reach an agreement to have support throughout that year from my colleagues
General comments
In general, it was a very positive experience, in which I was able to get to know other realities, I got to know another culture, it helped me learn how to work with other colleagues, a practical experience of what I learned, in short.
Conclusion
In summary, I totally recommend this experience and I think that having this type of experience should be integrated into the mesh of the university.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario